Originally formed in 1998 as Celtic band, Tir na n’Og, changing times, tastes, and, temperaments have fueled our reinvention as My Son Ted. With a repertoire that still honours our Celtic roots, the My Son Ted set list is heavily populated by both inspired originals and re-imagined covers of popular rock and folk music. The band’s line up has varied over the years, but the current stable of musicians has been static over last 5 years allowing the growth and change necessary to achieve our current dynamic sound.
My Son Ted is:
- Brian Volke – vocals, guitar and mandolin
- Christie Simmons – vocals, guitar, ukelele and whistles
- Shawn Kingston – vocals, guitar and mandolin
- Colin Peters – vocals, fiddle
- Brad Uphill – percussion
- Rob McConnell – bass
This multi-instrumental six piece backs soaring harmonies; taking you from mournful ballads that will have you stifling a tear to rip-it-up dance tunes that are sure to bring you to your feet.
- Club Performance: Concert – With Spring Coming On